Saturday, March 3, 2012

DIY Lace Stencil

So this may not be totally legal- but search the internet and find a print you like. You can blow it up in paint or photoshop and then print it out. In my case, this stencil was printed out on 8 pages total. 4 pages for each section. I Then taped the print to a poster board and got started carving away. I believe this took me 5 or 6 hours to actually carve. And I've only completed one out of 2 so far. But with all the excitement of finishing it, I needed some motivation to complete the second one. So I tried out painting the stencil. I am super happy with the results and can't wait to get started on the second part of the stencil. So very pretty!

I need to decide what to do with this piece of furniture after the wedding. I really love this one and the vanity I painted. What if we have a baby girl one day- this furniture would be perfect for the room! Especially this piece could be used as a changing table. It has a great wide surface! Hmm, maybe if we can find storage I could hold onto it instead of selling it after the wedding. :)








1 comment:

  1. HOLY COW! That's super intricate! You have a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. But it looks like it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete