Friday, March 9, 2012

The Big Dress Reveal

And here is the dress I am walking down the aisle and marrying my best friend in:




Justtt kidding! This is my mother's wedding gown! The first visit home after our engagement, my mother dug out her perfectly preserved wedding gown out of the attic. After she tearfully opened the gown, she exclaimed: "I don't remember it looking this way!". It is a beautiful gown. I tried it on, but my mother is shorter than I am, and I was bending my knees in these photos to make it look better length wise. After careful consideration, I decided to check into some other options that would better represent me.

My mother and sister-in-law went dress shopping sometime last summer. I am so grateful to have had their help and opinions. We first visited Forever Formals in Kennett Square, PA.







After trying on a few dresses and putting one on hold, we headed to the next bridal shop, The Wedding Touch. At both bridal shops I fell in love with one dress. But the one I loved most out of both dresses was $1600 and that was just not going to happen.








While all these gowns are gorgeous, I did not go with any of these gowns. As you know from my post "The Smart Girl's Guide to Buying a Wedding Dress", I ended up getting my dress for $75 on eBay brand New with Tags. It's made by Jasmine and is so lovely. I actually just got it back from the seamstress, Violette on Monday. It's been altered so perfectly! I am so happy with it and love it!

1 comment:

  1. wow! i love those dresses, I'll have to go to that store! They all look great on you!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete