Thursday, December 8, 2011

Processional Songs/Recessional Songs

Finally, the fun part of the wedding planning is here! All the fine details, the decorations, the cake, the songs, the food, the drinks, the officiant, the ceremony spot, the lighting, and all the other fun things!

This post, however, is about the ceremony songs.

Besides my heart being dead set on Pachabel canon in D performed by my brother, Stephen, on a piano for the bride processional, I've been considering some other songs for the wedding party processional and the recessional songs. All these songs have some sort of meaning- whether it was Courtney playing the song to me and telling me it makes him think of me. Or the spontaneous slow dance in the living room, or the song Courtney played in bed before going to sleep or waking me up with.

Let's meet the contestants!

1. Processional: City and Colour- The Girl



2. Jack Johnson: Better Together



3. Joshua Radin: Only You



4. The Pixies: Here comes your Man (no personal meaning behind this one)



5. Fergie- Finally



6. Mick McAuley & Winifred Horan - To Make You Feel My Love




Recessional:

1. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros: Home



2. Queen: You're my Best Friend (no personal meaning behind this one)




3. Ingrid Michealson: You and I (no personal meaning behind this one)



This is the tentative list and we may add some more- but I have a feeling that it will end up being one of these songs for both the processional and the recessional.

What were your processional and recessional wedding songs? The more inspiration the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment