Thursday, September 20, 2012

2013-2014 Patriot Cheerleading Tryouts Personal Prep Schedule

I've been working on building up my stamina and fitness regimen in order to prepare for the grueling tryouts for the 2013-2014 Patriot Cheerleading squad. While doing my research and reading an interview article about the tryouts with Tracy Sormanti, Patriots Cheerleading Director, I've learned the running, push-ups, stretching, and loads of high kicks are involved with the tryouts. I'm pretty sure the running part won't phase me, but I definitely need to work on the push-ups and splits/high kicks. First I need to nail down those splits. This is by far the biggest hurdle for me and I am focusing the most on it.

In order to get into tip top shape and to prepare for the tryouts, my fitness plans have been outlined (by myself, not a professional) and I am working towards these goals. As time goes on, I'll add more depending on how my body is reacting and how quickly things progress.

September
  • Monday- Gym- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out.
  • Tuesday- zumba (half class) at home on the Kinect. Stretch it out.
  • Wednesday- Gym- run 5k+ and yoga class offered at the gym. 
  • Thursday- zumba (half class) at home on the Kinect. Stretch it out.
  • Friday- Tentative Gym/Zumba- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out. Depends on Friday night plans.
  • Weekend- get out and do something active outdoors- hiking, biking, rock climbing, etc

October
  • Monday- Gym- run 4 miles+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out.
  • Tuesday- Salsa Dancing Lessons. What?! (gives dirty look at you because I know what you're thinking! However, all types of dance are incorporated into cheerleading dance, so I want to broaden my dance skills)
  • Wednesday- Gym- run 5k+ and yoga class offered at the gym. 
  • Thursday- Laps at the pool
  • Friday- Tentative Gym/Zumba- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out. Depends on Friday night plans.
  • Weekend- get out and do something active outdoors- hiking, biking, rock climbing, etc. Start working on high kicks and cheerleading jumps (did I mention I was often a candidate for the UCA jump offs at camp (two girls from each squad were entered into the competition) each year? I can't recall if I ever placed- I'll have to go through all my ribbons/medals and check, but the fact that I was chosen to represent year after year makes me think I should be able to "jump" right back into the high kicks and jumps required!
November
  • Monday-  zumba (full class) at home on the Kinect. Stretch it out.
  • Tuesday- laps at the pool/high kicks and jumps
  • Wednesday- Gym- run 5k and yoga class offered at the gym. 
  • Thursday- Gravity Pilates
  • Friday- Tentative Gym/Zumba- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out. Depends on Friday night plans.
  • Weekend- It'll be too cold to get outdoors so an hour at the gym doing weights/running and work on jumps/high kicks

December
  • Monday- Modern Dance Class (hip hop, etc)
  • Tuesday- laps at the pool/high kicks and jumps
  • Wednesday- Gym- run 5k+ and yoga class offered at the gym. 
  • Thursday- Gravity Pilates
  • Friday- Tentative Gym/Zumba- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out. Depends on Friday night plans
  • Weekend- Skiing!!!

January
  • Monday-  zumba (full class) at home on the Kinect. Stretch it out and work on high kicks and jumps.
  • Tuesday- TBD Dance Class
  • Wednesday- Gym- run 5k+ and yoga class offered at the gym. 
  • Thursday- Gravity Pilates
  • Friday- Tentative Gym/Zumba- run 5k+ and work on weights. Come home and stretch it out. Depends on Friday night plans.
  • Weekend- Skiing!!!
So far for September I've been on track, except for today as I am traveling to Kansas to visit family. I have, however, packed my gym clothes and plan on a run or maybe sneaking in on a yoga class... I will try to get some sort of physical activity in over the next 4 days. It's so hard to keep up with fitness goals while traveling, as well as keeping a healthy diet! Oye Vey! More on that to come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment