Monday, July 16, 2012

Wedding Week Prep Part 2

Where did I leave off? Oh yeah! Momma coming to town! On Monday I worked from home in order to meet the maid service at our apartment. Also to spend time with my mom. Mom spent the day steaming linens and being a good sport- helping with whatever she could She also tackled filling the out of town bags. Then we went and got our nails 'did. Momma never had a manicure before and so this was a first for her! Tuesday- I had to go into work and my mom tagged along with Jean and Gary to Rockport, MA. I'm so glad they got to spend time together but also got to see a bit of the North Shore. Wednesday- People started to arrive from out of town. I spent the morning wrapping up baking the remainder of the cakes. I also began making some appetizers and such for family and friends that would be stopping by for an impromptu BBQ that afternoon for the 4th of July. Courtney's Best Man arrived as well his his mom and step-dad. We enjoyed a very nice dinner while recapping some old memories over a beautiful memory book that was made for us. Tears streamed down our faces, but of course, happy tears to say the least. Thursday I woke to the planned "cake decorating" day. I immediately started whipping up the butter cream icing in batches knowing we'd need a bunch of it to decorate all the cakes. My mom and Courtney's mom came to the rescue and helped decorate the beautiful wedding cakes!
There were three cakes total. One three tiered three layer each cake (pictured above) with 2 vanilla layers and one chocolate layer with butter cream icing and apricot/sugar rubbed flowers. The other two cakes not pictured were three layer cakes in a light pink with white cross hatch icing decoration. Very fitting for the amount of "pinks" in this wedding. The baking took a total of 2.5 days and icing took about a half a day. We cheered and celebrated after the finishing touches were put in place. We had accomplished my goal of DIYing the wedding cakes. Thursday night after a day of decorating cakes, I met up with my bridesmaids and friends at Alewife train station. We then headed down to the city for my bachelorette! And that is all I will leave you with for this night! That and the fact that it was one of the best nights I've had with my girlfriends and we had such a blast!
Wedding week to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment