Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Santa Speedo Run 2011

Every year since I have moved to Boston I have been participating in a charity run that typically falls on my birthday weekend in December. It's a 1.5k run down the ritzy shopping streets of Boston. Starting at the Lir and ending in front of the Lir. Every year, I always have so much fun doing the run and really enjoy having my friends get together to participate with me. I also even appreciate the ones who simply stop by to cheer me on (*ahem, wimps*) But also the continuous support of my fiance, Courtney, I am grateful for all he does every year for the run for me.

This year, I am running again on Saturday, December 10, 2011 with Dana, Meghan, Andrew, Possibly Erin and possibly Bobby. I am super stoked! Even if it is below freezing like it has been some years. It's fun, and it's for a good cause. What's not to love?!

However, in order to run this charity event, I need to raise at least $400. That is the bottom limit you have to hit in order to run. And this year, I really need the help of family and friends to help me achieve the goal.

This years donations go to the Play Ball Foundation:

*In the Fall of 2009 and Spring of 2010 PlayBall! has funded the first new sports for Boston Public middle school students since 2003.
*81% of the students from the four PlayBall! Football league schools are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. The state average is 29%.
*The disparity in after school sports offered in middle schools in the Boston Public Schools versus those offered at a neighboring suburb’s public school.

If you would be so kind in donating to charity (which by the way is a tax right off) and sponsoring my run this year, please check out my fundraising page here.

A special thanks to all those who have donated in the previous years. And thank you all in advance for your donations this year. I will be sure to update you how the run went!





And lastly, a newsclip from 2008:

No comments:

Post a Comment